One of the most important aspects of freelance success is knowing how to maximize your productivity. There are always things that you can embrace to make life easier, whether you're just getting started with freelancing or working toward developing your empire. Let's get started with our list of must-have freelancing tools to boost your productivity!
Here are 3 tools you need to improve your productivity as a freelancer
Contract Automation Platforms
As a freelancer, you'll be dealing with a wide range of clientele. You'll need to have reliable, legally binding, and customizable contracts on hand at all times during your work. Unless you specialize in contract writing and production, this is probably not how you want to spend your time. As previously stated, time is money, and maximizing your return on investment should be a top concern.
Contract automation software can help enterprises and freelancers of all kinds with a variety of services. Automated contracts can make your life easier by allowing you to sign contracts in the blink of an eye and conserving paper through digital processing. Some contract automation software even connects to web hosts like WordPress directly!
Three contract automation tools are listed below that can help you save time while increasing your productivity.
- DocuSign - As one of the most popular electronic signature applications on the internet, DocuSign could be ideal for your company. DocuSign allows users to send, sign, and validate documents while they are on the road.
- ApproveMe's - ApproveMe's WordPress e-sign application is one of our favorite contract automation systems on the internet. This robust WordPress-based document signature program offers a lot of functionality without the hefty price tag.
- HelloSign - Another well-known automated contract technology, this time owned by the Dropbox crew. HelloSign enables the gathering and distribution of legally enforceable contracts in a timely manner. You'll be able to pick the right plan for your company from the three subscription levels available.
Dealing with financial documents is one of the most difficult aspects of being a freelancer. When tax season arrives, make sure you have all of your receipts in order. Wrangling receipts and tracking your business activities might be a nuisance if you aren't a natural tax specialist. To increase productivity, consider adding one of the following bookkeeping tools to your arsenal.
- QuickBooks Self-Employed - QuickBooks Self-Employed is one of the greatest accounting and bookkeeping software programs available on the internet. You may use this product to keep track of spending, invoices, and even mileage.
- FreshBooks - If you value streamlined performance over the more advanced functionality outlined above, FreshBooks may be a good fit for your needs. FreshBooks is designed to let you bill your clients after your project is over, whether you charge by the hour or by the job.
- Shoeboxed - A lesser-known product called Shoeboxed rounds off our list of the best bookkeeping tools. Shoeboxed is an excellent choice for freelancers who want as minimal interaction with their receipts as possible.
Project Management Tools
For seasoned freelancers, staying organized will most certainly be one of the most difficult chores. As your company expands, you'll have to deal with more clients and, as a result, more data. Having high-quality project management solutions on hand might aid in the organization of your workflow.
Project management software not only allows you to present your work visually but also allows you to communicate with your clients and coworkers. Consider using one of the project management tools listed below to reduce the number of emails you send during the day while enhancing workplace efficiency.
- Trello - Trello is a visual Kanban board that freelancers and their collaborators may use to work. It simply takes a few minutes to set up a visual workflow that your team can follow thanks to a straightforward click-and-drag interface.
- Zoho Projects - Zoho Projects is a powerful project management solution that will transform the way you work. Zoho projects are useful if you want to boost your productivity while improving the efficacy of your work.
- Wrike -One of our favorite online project management tools is Wrike. Because the software is so simple to set up, you'll only need a few minutes to get used to everything it has to offer.
It all comes down to recognizing what works for you in today's digitally-driven society. Every day, more freelancers enter the market in search of the opportunity to pursue their entrepreneurial goals. Regardless of how crowded the market has grown, working efficiently while keeping high standards has never been easier.
Freelancing has evolved from a tiny industry to one of the world's fastest-growing job industries in the last decade. More than 30 million freelancers consider their professions to be long-term jobs, according to a survey issued by the Upwork team. With more people participating in the sector on a part-time basis, now is the time to make sure you stand out from the crowd.
Check back here to learn more about freelance work and how to protect yourself against fraud.